Sunday 20 May 2012

May 19, Saturday & May 20, Sunday

May 19, Saturday    &   May 20,  Sunday

Saturday

I wake up to a gloomy day and have already decided that this is going to be a “stay in and rest” day.  I manage to publish a few days on my blog.  The internet connection keeps cutting out on me however and uploading the photos takes forever.

Sunday

Another gloomy day.  I spend most of the day indoors but at around 2 pm decide to go out anyway and check out the Fukuoka Asian Art Museum.  Turns out that it is located in the “Eeny Meeny Miny Mo” building, and that’s where the Pizzeria is located where I had lunch here on the day I arrived.  

The museum is a bit of a bust.  Some artwork by locals as well as pottery and there is a huge children’s section which is full since it is Sunday afternoon.  I walk a few blocks further taking in the sights, such as they are, and then return to the hotel.   About 2 hours later I realize I need to print some documents before I arrive in Bangkok, and go down to the lobby to see if they can assist.  No business centre ! but they do have conference rooms ! ! !  I am directed to a nearby Kinko store.  Turns out it is 2 blocks further than where I walked this afternoon, and it is spitting rain.   A quick trip there and back with my copies all done for less than $5.

Tonight I watched “Sister Act” in Japanese.  It was even funnier this time !  Whoopie Goldberg speaking in Japanese.  You gotto love it !

No comments: