Wednesday 9 May 2012

April 29, Sunday

April 29, Sunday

I’m sleeping a lot, catching up from the lack of it during the China trip. 
Today is a mixture of sun and clouds and I’ve pretty much decided to just stay in today since I’m taking in a full day side trip to Mount Fuji tomorrow.  I spent a good part of the day working on photos and my blog.  Just after I finish my soup crackers and cream cheese, and settle down with a glass of white wine, the entire building starts shaking.  I experience my first Japanese earthquake.   It did not scare me, but I was startled and spilled part of my glass of Japanese white wine. What a waste. 
Although they are reporting 5 on the Richter scale for Tokyo, the shaking was very “mellow” if I can use that word.  The ones I experienced in Ottawa on clay soil in my house appeared to be more “acute”.   I could feel the entire building swaying (I’m on the 6th floor) but no alarms or sirens went off anywhere, so I just stayed put. 

Darn.  I did a bit of research on the internet and found out I won’t be able to buy a Kindle E-Reader from here unfortunately;  I’ll have to stick to paper books.

No comments: