Saturday 8 December 2012

November 24, Saturday to December 1, Saturday

November 24, Saturday  to   November 30, Friday

It rains almost every day.  There is no sunshine.  There is absolutely nothing to do.  There is no sandy beach to walk on.  So I do what I am here to do, REST.   I watch TV, I read, I do crossword and Sudoku puzzles and catch up on the notes and photos for my blog.
I am disappointed in the hotel.  The staff are all extremely pleasant, but the hotel is not run as efficiently as Mexican Hotels.  No one takes the cushions off the wooden beach chairs when it rains, so they are drenched and you can’t sit on them on the rare occasions when there is no rain.  The hotel is right on the water front, protected by a few small islands in front of it and a water break out in the ocean (not sure if it is natural or man-made).  It has a rock wall separating the water from the elevated lawn and pool area.
One afternoon I watched one of the tourist pick up a palm frond from the lawn, to pick up a black and white stripped snake (at least 5 feet long) from the side of the rock wall and drop it into the water.  Guess I won’t be sitting on the lawn any time soon!   The lady who cleans my room indicated that she hated snakes and that it was probably a water snake.  SHUDDER.

My back is also getting some much needed rest and I am no longer getting the painful spasms when I get out of bed.
There is one tour on offer that I’m interested in taking, but I will have to keep an eye on the weather reports and hope for a few nice days before I can book it.

December 1, Saturday
When I opened up the curtains this morning the sun was shining through some puffy white clouds. I quickly got dressed, went for breakfast and went to one of the chairs on the wooden decking to sit out in the sun. It felt SO GOOD. I had two hours of sun and got sunburn on my back. My legs however are remaining stubbornly white. The weather is hot and humid and unfortunately I would have to sit on the lawn if I wanted any type of shade, so I stayed out in the sun until early afternoon when they clouds came back. It rained all afternoon and evening. At least I got a few hours of sunshine.



 

 
Most days, it just rains

 and rains

and POURS ! ! !

No comments: