Monday 10 December 2012

December 2, Sunday to December 4, Tuesday

December 2, Sunday
Changeable skies today.   I’ve been researching my future travel plans in Hawaii.   I have managed to reserve a 7-day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands from Dec 15 to 22 and have also booked a hotel in Honolulu from Dec 9 to 15. I’m still trying to figure out where I will be spending Christmas:  Stay in Hawaii?  Fly to Mexico?  Fly to Arizona?   Still have not figured out.

December 3, Monday
It has rained almost every day. I did get almost a full day of and I alternated between the sun and sitting on the lawn under the shade of a palm tree. Yes, despite the snake I had seen on the lawn, and despite the suspicious holes in the ground of all sizes. Definitely burrow holes, but what is in the burrows I probably don’t want to know.
 
December 4, Tuesday
Doing a lot of reading, watching TV, updating my blog. Although once in a while I manage to connect to the internet from my room, it usually konks out on me, so once I’ve updated my blog info on my MS Doc and finished labeling my photos, eliminating the travel brochures, prepared my temporary file with the compressed photos, I have to go to the lobby to update my blog. When I went in for dinner tonight there was another lady eating by herself and she asked if I wanted to join her. Sharon is now a Fijian, who owns and operates a resort on the island of Savusavu. We had a great conversation for a few hours, she telling me about her life and her resort, me telling her about my travels. She has also done a lot of travelling during her life so it was interesting to exchange our experiences, good and not so good. She said she going in to Suva the next day to run some errands before flying back to Savusavu the following day. I told her that the staff at the hotel had advised me not to go in to the city and asked her if it was dangerous. She said it wasn’t, especially since I was a seasoned traveller and was used to travelling solo. She said that the staff at the hotel probably assumed that since I was on my own, a female, and of a certain age, I would probably be scared if I went in alone and would look vulnerable. She invited me to go in to town with her and we made plans to meet the next morning.
 

No comments: