Thursday 27 December 2012

December 14, Friday & December 15, Saturday

December 14, Friday   &   December 15, Saturday

Friday:    I woke up at 3 am and had to run to the bathroom.  Repeat performance every 15 to 20 minutes from then on until about 7 am.  That’s when I remembered that I had purchased a bottle of Ginger Ale a few days before.  For the rest of the day, I made my way from the bed to the bathroom, eating nothing at all, just drinking bottled water and ginger ale.  Definitely something very dodgy from the buffet the night before.  I read, slept and watched TV.  Even as 6 pm rolled around I could not even face the thought of trying to eat anything.   I did not get to spend my last day on the beach of Waikiki, nor climb up Diamond Head.   Surely to God there could be nothing left in my digestive system, but all day and all evening I had to keep using the bathroom on a regular basis. 
Note to self:  It is jellyfish season in these waters at the moment, so it is unlikely that I would have ventured into the water at the beach, but it would have been nice to get my feet in the sand and walk along the beaches of Waikiki.   Oh well !   Maybe on another trip.

Saturday:   Check out by 11 am today.  I was able to eat dry toast and drink a glass of juice, but that was it.  Decided that I needed to take an Imodium pill to try to settle things down since I have no idea how long it will take to check in at the cruise ship and whether I will have access to a washroom or not.  I booked a shuttle to take me from the hotel to Pier # 2 and they were picking me up at 1:15.    The check in process took one hour (same process as if you were at the airport) and since I still wasn’t feeling 100% I decided to just go to my stateroom and relax for the afternoon.  We are scheduled to leave port at 7 pm.
 PS – You can’t bring any alcohol on board; you can’t try to leave it in your check-in luggage either because they scan all suitcases.  I had an open bottle of water and an open bottle of ginger ale and I couldn’t bring that on board either.

I splurged on a room with a balcony.   I’m on deck 9 near the mid-aft area.   And wouldn’t you know it; it is a beautiful sunny day today, although the winds are still strong.  
 My  room on the "Pride of America"

 Love the fact that I have access to a balcony of my own.

 The view from my balcony.  Hey!  I remember those buildings from the bus stop!   The view of Honolulu skyline isn't bad at all.

 Would have been a great day to walk up to Diamond Head to see the views.   

I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the ship, getting my bearings and enjoying the sunshine. Treated myself to dinner for one in the dining room.

 Views from the other side of the ship.   Honolulu Harbour

   Honolulu Tower and Fisherman's wharf

 The main lobby areas on deck 5 & 6 is beautifully decorated for Christmas

 The Aloha deck on the 11th floor

 The sun is getting ready to set

 The pool area is still quite busy at this hour

 Honolulu harbour

  As we sail out of the Harbour, I get a last glimpse of the city from my balcony.                                         

No comments: