Tuesday 11 December 2012

December 10, Monday

December 10, Monday

So, last night I Googled the internet to try to find a camera shop in Honolulu and only found two.  I jotted down both numbers to give them a call today.  During the night, my brain clicked in and when I woke up I Googled the internet again, this time searching for “Best Buy + Honolulu”.  EUREKA.  Found a store, got the address and directions, and they have the cameras I’ve been researching on the net  “Cannon SX 50, Cannon SX500”.
The young women at the hotel’s front desk told me which bus I needed to take to get there, completely on the other side of Honolulu, almost back to the airport.   When I got there, I found out that they had sold out of the SX50,  but they had quite a few SX500’s.  SOLD !   

Made my way back to Waikiki, booked my three tours for the next three days, did a bit of shopping to replace some clothing and stopped for a late lunch / early dinner at a 50’s retro restaurant.
Successful day.  I’m feeling a lot better now that I have a NEW camera that works.

 My room at the Stay Waikiki Hotel

 Really, really white !   Another blue wall would not have hurt.

 View from my balcony, looking toward the ocean

 Zooming in on the ocean, same as above

 and with the 30x zoom, I can even see the people on the beach, same as above! ! !

 View from the common balcony at the back, where the doors to each unit are located.  Looking towards Diamond Head.

And good night photos as well.

No comments: