Monday 19 November 2012

October 23, Tuesday

October 23, Tuesday

Resting for my last day in Cairns.  Feeling a little queasy since at times I feel I’m still on that rocking catamaran.  (Hopefully not my Disembarkation syndrome rearing it’s head.)  
By late afternoon the rain had abated and I decided to go for a last walk around the streets of Cairns

 
 
 
 Louis Vuiton... Expensive part of town

 And lots of streets with restaurants

Near the Cairns community pool there are hundreds of people assembled for an open air exercise class
 
 The community pool

Very interesting rocks, strategically placed so it looks more like a natural beach.  It looks like an infinity pool from this angle, since the ocean is just visible at the other end.

 
Continued my walk

 It is really a very nice town.


 And then I spotted the bats, sleeping in the trees. Lots of them.

 HUNDREDS of them. Look at the top of the trees.  All those black dots are bats.  YIKES ! 


It’s late afternoon and they are starting to stir.  And I’ve been leaving the patio door on my balcony opened most nights.  Shudder!
Time to head back to the motel.... and keep that patio door closed.

No comments: