Sunday 27 November 2011

Nov 26, Saturday & Nov 27, Sunday

Nov 26, Saturday  &  Nov 27, Sunday
Did more walking around on Saturday afternoon, this time in Puerto Madero and back through the historical downtown area. 
  Warehouses turned into shops, restaurants and very expensive condos

  One of the museum ships along the canals

  Woman's Bridge

  Puento de la Muher

  La Casa Rosada, Government House

  You've heard so much about Simon Bolivar.  Here is his portrait


  Inside one of the rooms

  Inner courtyard of La Casa Rosada

By 4 pm my feet were dead, and I'd almost been run over twice by crazy drivers,  so I took the subway back to my hotel to rest.
Sunday November 27:   Stayed in all day and researched Visa requirements for the rest of my travels.  
Found out on Friday that I need a visa to enter Brazil, and it must be obtained ahead of time !    Since it is a long weekend, holiday Monday, and I’m flying to Iguazu/Iguasu/Iguassu multiple spellings,  I’m not sure I’ll be able to cross into Brazil without having to come back to Buenos Aires.   Canadian Embassy offices had already closed on Friday afternoon for the long weekend, so I sent them an e-mail and will wait for a response.
There could be a tourist detour in my future.

No comments: