Friday 25 November 2011

Nov 24, Thursday

Nov 24, Thursday
Got a late start today since I was updating my blog.  No wifi in my room, only in the hotel lobby.  By 1 pm I was on my way, walking to the Recoleta area to visit the cemetery where Eva Peron is buried as well as other famous Argentineans.  It took me about half an hour to walk there at a considerable clip.  The Cemetery is quite impressive with many monuments.
Recoleta cemetery
  Duarte family mausoleum & Eva Peron's tomb

  Recoleta Church

  Map of the grounds
I walked around the Recoleta Convent grounds, visiting the church (sorry, no pictures allowed inside) as well as the surrounding park.  
  Monument in the park

 Pedestrian bridge across the Avenida del Libertador

  Looking back towards Recoleta Park from the stairs of the Faculty of Law
I then made my way to what I thought was the Museo de Belas Artes, but which turned out to be the Faculty of Law.   Turns out the museum was a smaller building on the same side of the street as the Recoleta.   Sorry, no pictures allowed in the museum either.
  Closer view of the Flower dedicated to all women, from the roof of the Belas Artes Museo

  Statue on the roof of the museum.  If there had been someone up there with me, I would have asked them to take a picture of me, sitting beside her, reading over her shoulder.   Oh well,  you'll just have to imagine it.

My feet were still aching from the day before, and by 4 pm I was ready to sit down and rest my aching feet, ankles and legs  so I waved down a taxi and rode back to the hotel.   Grabbed a bite to eat at the Pizzaria next to the hotel and came back to my room to soak my feet.  Unfortunately there is no tub, and the sink is quite high of the ground.   Shower will have to do.
Early night for me     and my feet.

No comments: