Friday 17 February 2012

January 28, Saturday - January 31, Tuesday

January 28, Saturday -  January 31, Tuesday

Pool side !   Love it !   Four days of nothing but relaxation around the pool, nice drinks and way too much food.   Stayed under the shade of a parasol but still managed to burn.   Scab finally came off my left knee; looking good; scar shouldn’t be too bad.
Figured why I keep waking up during the night:  the power goes out on a regular basis, for less than a minute each time, but when it starts up again it restarts the air conditioning and that’s the noise that wakes me up !   Mystery solved.

My favourite drink here has become the Blue Lagoon, nice tall, cool, tart and not sweet.  Though I must say that I’ve been quite conservative in that department, drinking more bottled water than anything else.  You would be proud of me Lee Anne for all the water I’m downing.
Glad I decided against taking a boat to get to Dar Es Salaam;  just found out that a boat capsized last fall and 230 people drowned on route to Pemba Island.

No comments: