Friday 17 February 2012

Feb 1, Wednesday

Feb 1, Wednesday

Checked out of Sea Cliff but since my flight isn’t until later this afternoon, I spent a few hours in the shade of the bar seating area.  Got a taxi to take me back to the airport, where I was flying out on a very small plane with Air Excel, flying out to Arusha, Tanzania (mainland).   The nice thing about it being a small plane was that we were landing at a small airstrip just outside Arusha, instead of landing at Mount Kilimanjaro Airport.   The plane was a 12 seater, 4 rows of 3 seats across, and room for luggage at the back.  It was a 1 ½ hour flight and I ended up sharing a taxi with one of the other passengers to go into Arusha.  
I was able to take a few pictures as we arrived on the outskirts of Arusha, but by the time we reached the hotel there was total darkness.   This should be interesting !  

My room at the Arusha Crown Hotel is quite nice, very large in fact;  I have a corner room with windows on both sides, so I have cross ventilation.  Went down to have dinner:  fried rice with veggies for only $7,000 shillings (less than $10).

No comments: