Friday 17 August 2012

June 26, Tuesday & 27 Wednesday

June 26, Tuesday &  27 Wednesday

Spent a couple of relaxing mornings, sleeping and reading off and on, watching movies on TV.  Did a bit of research on the internet with regard to getting to Pattaya (bus, train, taxi).   By late afternoon I finally showered and got dressed to go out to the nearby FedEx office to ship a package of souvenirs home; a few kilos less in my suitcase.
The Novotel Hotel I am staying at is in Siam Square, a downtown business area, full of shops, cinemas, and elevated railways.   Lindsey (Indochina Loop) had mentioned a Gourmet Food shop which I wanted to try and find to buy some supplies prior to arriving at the Pattaya apartment I have rented for my 2 weeks of beach time.  Could not believe my luck when, as I was browsing through a nearby shopping centre and came across a food court which contained the Gourmet Shop.  BONANZA !   All sorts of foods from home (well, mainly England and Holland) with items I’ve been anticipating eating:   vegetable crackers, shortbread cookies, muesli with no sugar added, English muffins and bonus…. Peanut butter!  I will have some normal healthy breakfasts again. 

Also took care of some business items I had not been able to do since none of the hotels I’ve stayed at for the last month have had a business centre. 
Other than that, I’ve just been taking advantage of a luxurious hotel:  pool and sun deck !

 Pool at the Novotel Siam Square

The view from my room

No comments: