Tuesday 21 August 2012

July 16, Monday & July 17, Tuesday

July 16, Monday   &   July 17, Tuesday

Heavy rain predicted for the next few days, so I will try to keep updating my blog.  Internet connection is not cooperating. 
One of the monsoon storms in Kuala Lumpur, from my apartment window.  That's another elevated train station with the white roof.  I was going to use it for my next visits.
I guess I won't be going to see the Batu Caves with its 140 foot statue.  There would have been A LOT of stares to climb in the pouring rain and I'm just not up for it.
There are many Muslim people in this city and in the hotel where I am staying.  Many of the women not only wear the head scarf or  hijab, but some wear the chador covering not only their head but their entire bodies, some also cover their faces as well (niqaab only the eyes showing) and a few wear the burqa (even the eyes are covered by a grid).  It is really interesting to see the ladies with covered faces trying to eat while still covering their faces; I know I would not be able to handle it.  The food would end up on the scarf, or all over my clothes.  Most of these ladies would select a chair that faced out, rather than toward the room for added privacy.  Most of their little girls wear regular clothing, but I did see some wearing a hijab, even babies (which was sooo cute).  Most of the hijabs are beautifully decorated and quite stylish in this part of the world, compared to the chadors/niqaabs/burqas which are either dark blue or black.

No comments: