Saturday 18 August 2012

July 11, Wednesday & July 12, Thursday

July 11, Wednesday  &   July 12, Thursday

Wednesday
Driving back to Bangkok today.  I’m all packed up by 11 am since the driver is supposed to be here by noon.  He arrives an hour early…. must be ESP !
The drive back to Bangkok is uneventful except for the traffic slow-downs along the way.

We make only one stop along the way for my driver to buy some clams for his wife.  The lady merchant had three types for sale from small to GIANT !

I told you about the beautiful architecture I'm seeing in the city

 Here's a great example !  It looks like something to do with computer chips

 I arrive back at the Novotel Siam Square and get the double room I had reserved.Much bigger than the last one.  



 The view from my room includes the pool this time

 and in late afternoon.... the storms arrive.  It is monsoon season in the northern hemisphere in this part of the world

I watch some TV and catch a program on Shirley MacLaine, a life time achievement award. In her speech, she talks about “com-madres” (vs compadres !) I LOVE IT ! To all my “com-madres” out there, be strong ladies; believe in yourselves; do something for YOURSELF on a regular basis. Shirley is an inspiration to us all.

Thursday
I took the el-train to the Canadian Embassy to pick up my passport. I had planned on taking a taxi from there to visit Wat Arun, another temple in Bangkok,  but there was a torrential downpour that morning, so I simply headed back to the hotel and spent most of the rest of the day on-line locating and booking a flight to Kuala Lumpur for tomorrow and also finding and reserving a hotel room for 5 nights in KL.

I went back out in the late afternoon to check and see if there was an elevator at the street level to get to the el-train near the Novotel where I was staying, and although I finally located one, it looked like it would be quite a trek over uneven ground for my huge suitcase. Need to find a plan B since I want to take the Express Train to the airport tomorrow. Since I was already out and it wasn’t raining, I walked around for awhile and stopped for a small pizza and salad for dinner.


One of the views from my room:  the busy streets around the Siam Square area

By the time I got back to my room I had decided that tomorrow morning I would take a taxi to get to the Makasan el-train station and take the Express Train from there to the airport.

No comments: