Monday 16 July 2012

June 10 Sunday

June 10 Sunday

Free day today.   I went down for breakfast at 8:30, then lazed around in the room until 10 am. I spent time at the pool until noon and then decided to walk down to the waterfront looking for a taxi to take me to the beach.  After walking around for about half an hour, I finally found one and away I went to spend the afternoon at Cua Dai Beach, five km from Hoi An.   We have been advised to go to restaurant # 4, which is named May Li . 
The view from the restaurant tables
Mike was there showering after his swim so we had lunch together and he headed back to town on the rental bike. 

 I get to enjoy the water and the beach for the afternoon

 
A lot of people enjoy the water as well.  The water is shallow and I can have a dip without having to worry.

I stayed on the beach until about 3 pm and then headed back to town, again by taxi.  I took my third shower today and rested awhile before going out for the evening.  Violet and I walked to the wine bar to meet Michael.  John arrived a short time later.  We sampled 3 different bottles of wine, 2 cheese plates, and 1 appetizer plate among us. 
A good time was had by all.  WINE.... CHEESE.... BAGUETTES.... and great company.
The rest of the group joined us for about another hour and we all made our way to the gelato place a few stores down.   Four of us headed back to the hotel, the other four headed for a nearby bar to watch a football/soccer game (European playoffs I believe). 
My fourth shower today ! and then a relaxing late evening in my room.

No comments: