Tuesday 13 September 2011

Sept 11 – Sunday

It rained most of the night and is still raining this morning.  Good day to go to the Museum.  Took the Metro  to Zona La Candelaria to visit the Museo de Bellas Artes and the Zoologico next door which had a lot of stuffed animals.   I walked through Parque Los Caobos after  and it was nice to see all the families out for a Sunday walk.     Took the Metro back to the hotel and went to see Parque Boyaca which is just behind The Hotel.   I sat and rested for a while and took in some sunshine.  It is a very small secluded park, but I felt fairly safe since there was another lady there to whom I said hello.   She came back to see me (I think she was a nun) and reminded me that God loved me.   What a nice way to end the day.


The trip to Angel Falls is a 3 day excursion, part of it by boat on a river. With all this rain, I'm not sure I'm up for 3 days of being wet all day; plus the top of the falls may be cloudy so that I can't even see them. Can you tell I'm trying to make it OK for me to skip seeing Angel Falls if I can’t manage to book some kind of “all inclusive tour” with my Visa Card ?

No comments: